Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Now I understand the hate. Sort of.

Bugger me, it's been a while. I blame the shiny things.
I've just had my first taste of the works of one Uwe Boll. For those not in the know, he's a director mostly known for video game movies. He's also considered the "new Ed Wood". Which, considering the state of most game movies, is something of an achievement.
After a few weekly visits to Blockbuster, I decided to get one of his to check it out. The film in question; In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. I figured it was a sword and sorcery flick with The Stath (a.k.a. Jason Statham), so it ought to be a fun ride. I wish I was right.
When I watch a theatrical film (a proper one that went in a cinema) I have certain expectations. Namely that I expect to see the kind of quality one would find on the big screen. Not TV movie quality. This flick really felt like it was a Hallmark miniseries. Specifically the kind that would go for close to four hours. Except it only went for two.
What's worse, The Stath didn't get one-liners. Or a decent fight scene for that matter.
Of course, I'll probably look for more of Boll's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment