Friday, April 15, 2011

Gene...no, Peter...hang on, Ace... Wait, it's

I went and saw Paul last night, and was pleasantly surprised.  There were a few aspects that had me worried about it.  Firstly, daytime television was in love with it, which usually equates to pure evil.  Secondly, I'm not a fan of Seth Rogen, except maybe in small doses.  Finally, I was worried about it being rather, well, American.  These were unfounded speculations, although daytime television is evil incarnate.  I bloody loved it.  I rather liked Ruth's learning profanity, that is by far the best of swear words I've ever heard.  If you want to know if this is your kind of movie, there's a simple test.  Knowing Sigourney Weaver was in it, I was waiting for a particular line to show up.  If you don't know the line, this ain't for you.  I've gotten rather fond of seeing films on opening night.  Next Thursday I hope to see Thor.  The reason I say hope is the trailer announces it will be in 3D, and 2D in select cinemas.  I've avoided 3D this long, and I don't intend to start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment