Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A slightly belated chat

Evening all, I know our chats are usually in the morning, but there were some technical difficulties regarding the Internet this morning.  Something excellent happened yesterday, Mum bought herself a game and stuck it under the chrissy tree.  Four hours later, she wanted to play the thing, but she couldn't cause it were under the tree.  After extensive haggling, all of us could see what we got.  Alongside the Veronica Mars boxset, I got a 2GB MP3 player.  It's already loaded with the works of Mike Oldfield and Jean Michael Jarre.  Also bought myself a few DVDs.  I got Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Any Which Way You Can, Black Lightning, and Zu Warriors From The Magic Mountain.  I've not seen those last two yet, hell, I hadn't even heard of Zu Warriors before, but apparently it inspired Big Trouble In Little China, John Carpenter's second best flick.  As for Megamind and Tron Legacy, they're both well worth a look.  I was relieved to note that neither of them came with a side of Disney biscuits.  Disney biscuits are those bits in kiddie flicks especially that are either sickly sweet or gratuitously heartwarming.  As far as Tron was concerned, it could of been two hours of Lightcycle chases and I would've loved it.  Now I can't wait to see what the same team plan for The Black Hole.  One day I'll work out how to write a proper review, but until then, may your Spectrum be Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment